|To continue to provide quality services to our clients in these difficult times, Mindscape Health Services now offers bulk-billed telehealth services for eligible clients.|
The Covid-19 situation is constantly evolving. Mindscape Health Services is committed to the health and wellbeing of our clients. We are adapting our services to provide ongoing access to psychotherapy for clients during the COVID-19 virus period.
- Telehealth (web-based video link) and telephone services are available until September 30, 2020 (in line with current MBS funding).
- These services can be bulk billed (i.e. no gap fee) if you have a valid referral (see below for details)
- A cancellation fee of $92.50 still applies for cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice (this fee cannot be bulk billed).
- We are not currently routinely offering “in person” sessions during the COVID-19 period. We will resume this service when it is safe to do so.
Funding options for telehealth and telephone services are:
- Clients with a valid care plan (e.g. a current Mental Health Care Plan or a Chronic Disease Management Plan) will be bulk billed (i.e. no out of pocket expense). OR
- All other clients are able to self fund ($185/50 minute session) if they wish to use telehealth/telephone sessions. Some private health funds provide rebates for these services. Please check with your health fund for details.
Please be aware that you are responsible for any costs incurred in relation to the provision of your own software, hardware and data usage associated with this telehealth service
How does a telehealth session work?
We will book an appointment and you will receive an email with a link to Coviu (a video consultation service) for your session. This does not require you to download an app. The technology works on smartphones, laptops, PC’s or tablets with a camera, speaker, microphone and reliable internet connection. At the time for your appointment, just click the link in the email and enter your details. Your psychologist will meet you via the video link at the time of your appointment. If there are technical issues, we can use the telephone as a backup.
We have chosen a Coviu because it is a specialist video consultation service for the health sector and is compliant with the Australian standards for online security and encryption. Coviu does not access or store your call information and your information cannot be accessed by anyone other than you and your psychologist.
During our telehealth session, please choose the location for your telehealth (video link) or telephone session carefully. Please consider choosing a place where you are not likely to be distracted or interrupted, where you will have privacy, and an environment that has good lighting so that your psychologist will have clear vision of you.
Limitations of teletherapy
A telehealth session may be subject to limitations such as an unstable internet connection which may affect the quality of the session. There may also be some services for which telehealth is not appropriate. Your psychologist will consider these and discuss options with you.
Use of therapy session materials
Mindscape Health Services will not make recordings of our sessions or use material from sessions for purposes other than delivering a service to you.
Mindscape Health Services ask that you to respect the psychologist’s privacy by agreeing not to make recordings of sessions and not to use materials from sessions for purposes other than therapy. If you wish to record sessions or use session material for other purposes, you must seek consent to do so.
Please call Kate with questions or to book a telehealth appointment on 0479 157 194.
Other useful information Covid-19 is evolving. For the latest information please visit www.health.gov.au